What is telemedicine?
Pacific Remote Medical Solutions and Support
" Medicine at a distance "
Communication between a medic or layperson
in a remote location (national or international)
and a medical specialist in a geographically
Data ) land-line / satellite
or a combination of modalities.
These can vary in sophistication from a simple
phone call on the local telecommunication
infrastructure, a VoIP service such as Skype
(tm) or a full voice, data and video system
via satellite technology.
What can telemedicine do?
- Provide specific direction to an
untrained layperson on assessment,
diagnosis and treatment of an ill or
24/7 access to Specialist
Emergency Physicians for
advice on urgent and
emergency health problems
A single access point for
Urgent and Emergency
health care assistance.
* NO Call takers
* NO Triage nurses
* NO Delays
* Quality advice and
Your medics and staff in
the field have immediate
access to superior clinical
advice from Specialists in
the field by audio, video or
data links 24/7
- Provide reassurance and support for an isolated medic:
- Ensure a complete assessment has been performed.
- Help to enhance the diagnostic accuracy
- Ensure correct therapies are commenced and inappropriate
- Advise on resuscitation (and when to stop)
- Allow the medic to deviate from their standing order's or
- X-ray interpretation if image acquisition is available on site
- Identifying and responding to changes in patients condition
- Advise on if evacuation is required and provide co-ordination if it
- Liaising with non-medical management
- Liaising with other Medical Specialists
- Liaising with insurance companies
Pacific Remote Medical Solutions
PO Box 2486
Stortford Lodge, Hastings 4156